Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"A Park for All Seasons"

Park County has adopted the slogan "A Park for All Seasons", and it fits! With snow for X-country skiing in the winter, mountains and hills to hike and climb in the summer, gold medal trout streams as well as lakes for fishing (including ice fishing), ranches for riding horses, wildlife to view, historical sites, and pleasantly cool summers, South Park is a great place year-round! There is, however, one season which can be a hassle: we call it "mud season" here in the mountains, though those elsewhere call it Spring.

As I add to this blog, I hope to cover many of the things to do and see, the businesses (including places to stay and restaurants), and people of South Park. For now, I'll be covering winter in the Park, and particularly the area around Fairplay and Alma, since those are the nearest and easiest to cover during the winter. As we move into summer, I'll be getting around to more out-of-the-way places.

If anyone has any questions you'd like to have answered, or suggestions for things to cover, please leave a comment, and I'll try my best to get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment